Engholm Husky design lodge is situated next to Karasjok river,
6 km West Karasjok. Road 92, direction Kautokeino (Guovdageaidnu),
sign: “ENGHOLM HUSKY” on the road.
GPS position to Engholm Husky: 69° 26' 55.0" N 25° 21' 33.0" E
Grid: UTM. Datum: WGS 84. 35 W 435774 7705257
Your Arctic Adventure is only one day journey away, regardless of your whereabouts in Europe. You have 5 flight alternatives for coming to Karasjok.
- Lakselv in Norway is the closest air ports to Karasjok. Time table Oslo - Lakselv on SAS Ticket reservation tel. (+ 47) 67 58 60 00
- Ivalo in Finland with Finnair.com alternativ norwegian.com (via Helsinki).
- Bus 2,5 hrs. Daily Ivalo bus terminal 16.25, (7 km from airport by taxi). Finnish time. Arrives Karasjok 17.40
- From Karasjok 9.15 - Ivalo bus terminal, 12.45 (7 km to airport by taxi). Finnish time. Eskelisen Lapin Linjat Tel. +358-16-3422 160
- Taxi 2 hrs Ivalo airport - Engholm Husky Lodge. firstname.lastname@example.org
00358 400 487 926 / 00358400973824
- Alta in Norway with SAS Ticket reservation tel. (+ 47) 67 58 60 00 alternativ norwegian.com
- Hammerfest for going on the Norwegian coastal voyage "Hurtigruten" Tel: (+47) 810 30 000
- Bus 4 hrs Karasjok - Hammerfest. More info: Timetable or by tel: (+47)77020410
One option is to rent a car at the airport. It gives you more flexibility and may not be more expensive than taxi.
- AVIS and Hertz have cars in Alta, Lakselv, Kirkenes and Ivalo in Finland.
- Rent a "wreck" in Alta Lakselv
- Other usefull link: carflexi.com
If you arriving by bus, please get off the bus at Scandic Hotel in Karasjok. Taxi to Engholm Husky Lodge or use our pick up service, 6 min. drive. Prices.
To avoid poor communication regarding arriving / departure or get the opportunity to adapt to the climate, relaxing and get to know the dogs before the tour.- you are welcome to be our lodge guest with full board and lodge. An alternative is to rent a cosy log cabin with a fully equipped kitchen corner for your disposal. (On request, we gladly help you with transport to get food and other necessities from grocery stores in Karasjok).